A short athenian handbook

In recent months I have received a lot of messages from friends abroad asking me what is happening in Greece. Everyone in Europe is talking about Greece. Global recession and financial strains have already been felt in other countries, causing people from Asia to the US to deal with these same issues and introspections. It is a time of great reassessment, instability, upheaval and change. That’s why I felt the need to create this blog in English, trying to give a more accurate information and personal feedback on what is happening here.

I decided to inaugurate my posts with a series of real stories from Greeks living abroad. They have been published already in Greek in TO VIMA (www.tovima.gr). The real people in these real stories talk about their journey and they give also their explanations and insights about what is happening in Greece now. One of the main reasons why I decided to begin with their stories is the fact that I have an obsession with traveling and borders. And on the other hand, by reading their real stories you can understand a lot about the current situation in Greece and the roots of the crisis.

Furthermore, in this blog, you’ll find articles, reports, interviews, images from Athens and Greece. You can send your stories, your pictures, your opinions and your reports about Athens and Greece as well.

In the coming days I will begin posting real stories of Greeks living abroad. I hope you enjoy reading them.

Special thanks to Gigi Papoulias for her help with translating and editing them in English.

Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Two Lightning Bolts

Abas from Kabul

Reading F. Braudel on the Albanian mediterranean riviera (after a long walk)